Residential Excavation Services
Michell Excavating has several excavators in our fleet suitable for everything from small residential work to large excavations. We will deliver the equipment and operator to your site in our flatbed truck. Depending on the job you are doing, we can offer you different types of machines of various sizes and weights.
When digging around your home you will need to consider what needs to get done and how much room you have. Different equipment may be needed for each phase of the project. Contact us for a free estimate.
Small jobs and spaces
- Mini Excavator Cat 301.8 – This little machine is the mini excavator for doing tight digging around the sides of houses and areas where space is limited. The width of this machine is 3 to 4 feet! Most drainage jobs in neighbourhoods where the houses are close together may need specialized equipment like the MiniCat.
- Excavator Cat 305.5 – In an area where there is more room and need to haul a lot of material out, the Komatsu PC50 has 6 foot wide rubber treads for minimizing damage to lawns and landscaping. This machine is faster than the MiniCat, but needs more room to maneuver. For concrete demo and removal, this machine is equipped with a ho-ram.
- Excavator PC78 Komatsu – Space permitting, we can save you some time by bringing in our largest small excavator. The machine needs 7 feet of space to fit into the job site and has all the features of the Komatsu PC50, just scaled up. Rubber treads will help to minimize damage. For concrete demo and removal, this machine is equipped with a ho-ram (breaker).
- Excavator PC138 Komatsu – This machine is great for larger driveway rebuilds that have easy access to the road. 8 ft wide, steel tracks, zero tail spin for turning in an 8 foot wide circle. It’s best used for going straight up your driveway, removing the old pavement and fill, then going straight back, onto the flatbed.
- Excavator 200 size – If there is enough space, we can save you some time by using this machine. Used in larger jobs such as house demolition, house excavations, driveways, site servicing and sub-division work. This machine is also equipped with a ho-ram (breaker).
- Excavator 290-300 size – These machines are used in construction sites to do large bulk excavation digs
- Backhoe Cat430G – A backhoe is a digger that uses a long arm to reach wide and dig deep holes. This machine sits on 4 large rubber tires and is great for large, deep trenches where space to maneuver is not an issue. The rubber tired backhoe is great for loading material and can drive to your site.
For new sports field preparation and parking lot prep we have a Cat Track Skidsteer with a para-level system that can flatten and level the ground.
Equipment costs are charged out by the hour and include delivery, operator, and site inspection. A free estimate is available before starting your dig. Contact us to book an estimate.
|EQUIPMENT RATES||PER HOUR
Plus 5% GST
|TANDEM DUMP|| $103.00
|SLINGER TRUCK|| $130.00
|TRUCK & PUP||$138.00|
|TRUCK & TRANSFER||$166.00|
|TRUCK & QUAD DUMP||$166.00|
|SINGLE AXLE || $85.00
|ONE TON TRUCK|| $75.00
|TRACTOR & LOWBED||$138.00|
|TRACTOR A & SUPER 'B' TRAIN||$138.00|
|TRACK SKIDSTEER|| $89.00
|BACKHOE - CAT 430G|| $104.00
|BACKHOE - CAT 430G - WITH PACKER|| $112.00
|BACKHOE - CAT 430G - WITH BREAKER|| $154.00
|SNOW PLOW|| $155.00
|MINI EXCAVATOR CAT 301.8||$89.00|
|EXCAVATOR Cat 305.5||$107.00|
|EXCAVATOR Cat 305.5- WITH PACKER||$115.00|
|EXCAVATOR PC 78US-6 KOMATSU|| $114.00
|EXCAVATOR PC 78US-6 KOMATSU - WITH PACKER|| $122.00
|EXCAVATOR PC 78US-6 KOMATSU - WITH BREAKER|| $164.00
|EXCAVATOR PC 138USLC-8 KOMATSU|| $130.00
|EXCAVATOR PC 138USLC-8 KOMATSU - WITH PACKER|| $138.00
|CATERPILLAR D4H SERIES III LGP DOZER|| $145.00
|CAT CS56 VIBRATORY COMPACTOR||$139.00|
|CAT C433 VIBRATORY COMPACTOR|| $124.00
|EXCAVATOR 200 DOOSAN|| $145.00
|EXCAVATOR 200 DOOSAN - WITH BREAKER|| $245.00
|EXCAVATOR PC 290 KOMATSU|| $182.00
|LABOURER (WITH TOOLS & TRUCK)|| $55.00
|LABOURERS HELPER|| $45.00
How should I prepare my work area?
Please make sure there are no kids, pets or obstructions in the work area. Most equipment will need a path that is at least 6 feet wide and a turning radius of 8 feet.
Our estimators will assess your worksite before starting when providing your free estimate.
Be aware of gas lines or buried electrical cables and inform us of their location. We will call Fortis Gas and BC Hydro to make sure that the site is safe before starting.
Contact us for an estimate, or to learn more about making your next job easier!