Residential Trucking and Hauling
When ordering any of our fills or topsoils, you may opt for delivery if you don’t want to pick it up. Delivery prices are determined by the time it takes to deliver your product and the size of truck you need to get it there.
Delivery time estimates
Michell Excavating is located in Saanichton. We can estimate that a delivery can take:
- .75 hour for deliveries between McKenzie Ave to McTavish Rd
- 1 hour for deliveries north of McTavish into Sidney and area
- 1 hour for deliveries south of McKenzie but still in Saanich or close to it
- 1.25 hours for deliveries in Gordon Head
- 1.5 hours for deliveries in Oak Bay
Contact us for a more accurate estimate.
The size of truck you need depends on how much fill or topsoil you are ordering.
- Small trucks haul up to 4 yards of product
- Single axle trucks haul up to 8 yards of soil or 6 yards of gravel (9 tonnes)
- Tandem trucks haul 14 yards of soil or 12 yards of gravel (14.5 tonnes)
Have fill or refuse you need to get rid of? We can do that for you! You can either bring it in yourself or we can come and take it away for you. Dump charges are based on the amount of material you have. Equipment delivery charges apply.
3 Truck Sizes
|3/4 HR MIN. CHARGE
|SMALL TRUCK||4 yds, $80\hr|
|SINGLE AXLE||8 yds, $92\hr|
|SLINGER TRUCK||14 yds, $136\hr|
|TANDEM||14 yds, $108/hr|
|DUMP CHARGES IN YARD||Plus 5% GST|
|COMPOST ROW |
$5 discount if purchasing minimum of $10 of product at the same time
|Min charge $10
Small Loads $5
Large loads $20
|MINIMUM CHARGE - CLEAN FILL OR CONCRETE||$15.00|
|SMALL LOADS - CLEAN FILL OR CONCRETE||$55.00|
|SINGLE AXLE LOADS - CLEAN FILL OR CONCRETE||$110.00|
|TANDEM LOADS - CLEAN FILL OR CONCRETE||$220.00|